Sunday, November 18, was a busy one for us. I don't usually try to do many things on Sunday as to keep it relaxing and restful, but between getting ready for church, packing for a sleep-over with the Wiederholds, and trying not to forget her choir outfit for her performance after church and the many details that go with that, was a bit much for me. But all the children helped with their own packing and showers, and we made it on time to church, with our car packed and ready to go.
Gillian's choir level was invited to sing their prepared holiday songs at Pier 39 for the Christmas Tree Lighting. This is her first performance of the season, and first among five. Add to that two piano recitals, as well as the Christmas activities I've planned for them, and we are booked for the holidays. I know it's a wonderful experience for my children to be part of this Christmas cheer, and so when I feel myself kind of tired of being their driver taking them to and fro, I try to relax and enjoy their singing, playing and laughter. And it helps that I've been asked to be their photographer for all of the performances, because it makes my "relaxing" even more enjoyable.
This semester Gillian has been asked to sing a short solo (six verses) in some of the performances, and although it is a small part she is excited she told me because she gets to stand alone in front of non-denominational audience and sing about her Savior. There are moments like this that make me realize the enormous blessing of having the fullness of the gospel in our lives and teaching our children about their Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ at such an early age. I'm truly grateful for that opportunity - to raise my children with a love for God and a humbling desire to do His will. It makes these beautiful carols have so much more meaning to me.
I know Thanksgiving was just last week, and November isn't over yet, but I'm so happy about Christmas. The music, the feeling, the service - the magic of it all - is what I crave in a holiday. Christmas offers that and more. It's a time for me to devotedly ponder about my Savior and positively feel His love come from all directions. What joy!
No comments:
Post a Comment