
Saturday, January 30, 2016
You had me at ...temple.
I took Gillian and Illyria to a Hindu temple this morning. When I
taught High School, one of the subjects I taught was World Religions. I
feel it is very important for our children to know the cultures and
religions that surround us. As we visited this temple, we met some of
the kindest people around. They were polite, reverent, sweet, and very
welcoming. I really enjoy meeting people from all over the world. It
makes life so very interesting. My favorite part of the visit
though was when my husband called me on the phone. He and the boys are
at his parents for the weekend to cut some wood (translation - teach my
boys how to work hard, something my husband does very well). When I
told him that I was at the temple with Gillian, he got so excited and
said: " Wow, how did you manage to do that with a baby? Did you find a
babysitter? I'm so proud of you!" I had to interrupt before he went on
and made me feel extremely guilty. I said it was the Hindu temple we
had discussed visiting as a family some time ago, and not our LDS
temple. He wasn't that excited after that ;)
I'm so grateful that we have our own temple nearby, where my children
can strengthen their faith and testimony by learning about the love of
our Heavenly Father and feel of the special spirit that resides in these
sacred buildings. Now, you know why I married Elijah! He keeps me on
the straight and narrow path. And he married me, because I make the
journey to that straight and narrow path exciting, Hindu temples and all.

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment