My forever family

My forever family

Sunday, February 14, 2010

Happy Valentine's Day

One of the traits I love about my personality is that I have a desire to learn new things each day, which helps me love a great many things. My faith, my family, and my usual hobbies such as reading, writing, photography, etc, are always my favorites. However, here is a list of some of my other favorite things (I had to limit it to 14 so it can go with the theme of February 14, but also so I wouldn't go on all night):
1. Flowers 2. Shoes 3. Fashion 4.Fancy Restaurants 5.Ballroom Dancing 6. Mysteries 7.Swimming 8. Purses 9.Order/Neatness 10. Poetry/Plays 11. Interior Design 12. Watching Comedies 14. My mom's cooking

It's a lot of fun to think of the many things I love. It makes me grateful for a fulfilling life. One of the many blessings in my life is Elijah. If I were to put my top 14 favorites, he would be #2 right behind Heavenly Father and the Savior. I love Elijah very much. He enriches my life.

Here are 14 traits I love about Elijah:
1. Integrity (Elijah will always do the right thing no matter where)
2. Obedience and commitment to the gospel (everyday scripture reading, journal writing, once a week temple attendance, sharing the gospel, serving others, are but few examples of his commitment)
3. True love for me (it never fails; whether I'm happy or cranky he is there for me)
4. Strong love for his children (he makes everyday special for them)
5. Purity (he doesn't have guile; I've never heard him speak ill of anyone)
6. Generosity (He always cares for others in many quiet ways)
7. Knowledge (Elijah knows a lot about a lot of things; I love discussing things with him)
8. Hard work (Elijah is never afraid of work; on the contrary he desires it)
9. Determination (This goes well with hard work; anything he puts his mind into, he will achieve)
10. Neatness/ Organization (our room is always clean; I never find any of his stuff laying around)
11. Calmness (When I'm angry or frustrated, it's always nice to lean on my calm Elijah)
12. Poetry (Elijah writes beautiful poetry; I enjoy reading his feelings in words)
13. Desire to please me and make me happy (I know at all times my happiness is his first priority)
14. Smile (His pure and loving smile melts my heart)

Thank you Elijah for trying to be the man the Lord wants you to be and the husband I desire. I'm glad you are my Valentine. I wanted to make a collection of my favorite love songs, but that would be endless, so here is one that I just like to listen to once in a while:







No comments:

Post a Comment