My forever family

My forever family

Friday, February 12, 2010

Hostess Extraordinaire



We had a wonderful evening tonight. Our house was all unpacked last Saturday, and we felt ready for some entertaining. Since Valentine's day was approaching, and we wanted to continue our yearly tradition of hosting a fun and romantic Valentine's party, we thought what better way to get to know our new friends here in California and thank them for being so kind and nice to us than by throwing a party.

We had 10 couples in our home tonight. Each lady brought a picture of them as a couple and their husband's favorite dish (most of them were main dishes, so the food tonight was awesome). Their husbands were instructed in advance to write a romantic poem for their wives and to read it out loud in front of everybody after Elijah read his. The wives didn't know about it. It's my favorite part of the evening. Elijah is the best poet ever, because of course all of his poems are about me, and they are so romantic and written with a deep love. I'm grateful for that. We start our evening with few different games so everybody can feel comfortable with each other, and then Elijah reads his poem. I love to hear every husband's feelings for their wives as well. It's so fun to see the different personalities portrayed through their poetic words. I also love the look on each wife's face. I can see they are feeling special and loved and touched. That's why I love throwing parties: seeing people enjoy each other and forget for few hours their daily responsibilities and hardships. It works for me. It reminds me of the truly important things about our lives: each other. After few more games, we eat and enjoy the rest of the evening chatting and getting to know each other better. I want to thank Amy and Ben, Kris and Brian, Sarajane and John, Jacki and Rob, Alice and Gary, Melanie and Karl, Heidi and Danny, Amy and Jason, Marci and Mike, and my love, Elijah. Thank you everybody for a fantastic evening, delicious food, and fun company. You are all amazing people. Here are some pictures of tonight (I missed Sarajane and John; sorry):

No comments:

Post a Comment