My forever family

My forever family

Saturday, May 22, 2010

Each to his own



Since Charlton and I were not feeling very well, we decided that this Saturday instead of going for a family outing, we would stay home and rest. Elijah was happy of this decision since he actually had a lot to do. Charlton spent his day by taking multiple naps, and I found my comfortable spot and read.
While Elijah was doing yard work, the children were weeding our garden. Then, Elijah tilled it, and now the garden looks very pretty. The corn is growing rapidly, and the squash and tomatoes have flowers blooming without shame. Even our tiny strawberry plants are giving produce already. We are all so excited, and I did abandoned my comfy chair for a few minutes just so I could take some pictures (the children actually insisted that I go out and see our pretty garden, so I didn't have a choice.)
After the children finished their garden chores, they settled to watch a movie. Saturday is their movie day, and they decided to watch "Singing in the rain." Isn't that movie so fun to watch! Every time my children watch this movie, my boys beg me for some tap shoes. Today I told them to improvise with their church shoes. They weren't pleased with my answer, but they did it anyways, and had a great time imitating certain parts of the movie. When this was over, Gillian went to her own room, doing arts and crafts and listening to books-on-tape,



James found his "reading" spot, and settled for some good reading on his own (he doesn't know how to read, but he loves to look at the pictures; every child does that, and I think it's a good thing because it sharpens their understanding and helps them pay attention to details.)

Jefferson, the hands-on-guy, went to help his father with his projects. Elijah had to do something with his motorcycle, and then set our new grill up, and Jefferson was in heaven while helping his dad.
All in all, we had a good day. Elijah finished his projects using every minute of the day, and the children and I enjoyed our rest.

1 comment:

  1. Looks like a perfect Saturday (all but the not feeling well part). Have you read The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho? If not, pick up a copy on your next trip to the library. I highly recommend it -- awesome book! It is a short read ... maybe an hour or two. =) Nice strawberries, btw. We would love those here! We recently got some which were imported from Korea. They came by air, so were very expensive - about $12 for a pint. But soooo worth it! You can't beat strawberries grown in California, though. Enjoy your lovely garden!

    ReplyDelete