Tonight, I left Elijah playing checkers with the boys, and I took Gillian for an evening out with mom. We ran some errands first, did couple of service acts on the way, ate dinner out, and then went shopping. I can't believe how much fun it was to shop with Gillian! We kept talking about fashion, styles, colors, friends, modesty, hobbies, books, and much more. I loved it. What I loved more however was the fact that Gillian felt special that I took time to be with just her.
When we got back, we hear laughter coming from the bathroom. After playing several games of checkers, dominoes, chess, reading books and eating dinner, Elijah had gathered the boys together and was giving them all a bath. My older boys take showers nowadays, and Charlton takes his bath by himself, but seeing them so happy together, with Charlton trying to imitate his brothers' actions and sounds, made me think that maybe I should have them take a bath together.
I really enjoyed today. It made me happy to do something more than my everyday responsibilities. Motherhood is truly a special calling. I don't think anything could give me as much joy as the happiness I saw in Gillian's eyes tonight. I'm blessed to be the mother of my children.
What are some ways you give individual attention to your children?
No comments:
Post a Comment