My forever family

My forever family

Friday, March 25, 2011

Mattress shopping

Jefferson kept us awake all night, last night. He had a very bad ear ache, and couldn't sleep. I was exhausted with Thursdays being my busiest days, but I felt so sorry for Jefferson hurting so much. We gave him pain reliever, olive oil drops in the ear, and heating pad to keep his ear warm. The ache still persisted. I had to wake up Elijah so he could give him a blessing. After the blessing, I gave him some more medicine, and then put him down in the couch. As soon as I fell asleep again, I hear him throwing up while laying in my bed. My poor boy kept apologizing and went up straight to the bathroom to finish his business and clean up. I immediately grabbed towels and started cleaning our bed. Fortunately, there wasn't much throw-up on our actual bed, and after cleaning it all, Jefferson and I suited ourselves in the living room couch by the fire place. He felt better, and I was able to catch two hours of sleep without the need of smelling throw-up.

Jefferson had just christened our newly bought bed with his vomit. Not a very good beginning, especially after the many hours that it took us to find a suitable bed for us. Two weeks ago, we had gone to Sleep Train to check out mattresses. Let me just say, we spend a good hour trying the mattresses and writing down what we liked about them. I can't believe how many different brands and kinds of mattresses there are out there. Last Saturday, Elijah and I began our pilgrimage after breakfast, and our bodies felt mattresses at Sears, Macy's, JcPenny's, Mancini's, back to Macy's, and then one last time to Sleep Train. That was our last stop in search for the perfect fit. In between, we stopped for lunch at an Italian restaurant, and for hot chocolate at Barnes & Noble after purchasing the mattress that was most suitable for our bodies. By the time we got home, it was time for dinner. Good thing that the shopping involved laying down for minutes at a time, otherwise wandering for five hours wouldn't have been much fun. Not that mattress shopping for five hours was any fun in itself, but being with my husband was.

Jefferson is feeling much better, and our fortress, as Gillian calls our bed, doesn't smell... you know, like puke. However, I'm still finding it very hard to sleep in it. It needs breaking in for at least three to six weeks. Maybe I'll just sleep in the couch by the fireplace, while Elijah does the job for me. That, or let the kids jump up and down till it feels just right.

No comments:

Post a Comment