My forever family

My forever family

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Summer has officially started! - Summary of the week of June 18-23 (Friday - Saturday)

We abandoned school on Friday; I was too tired. The house was clean so we didn't need to do any chores, although the laundry room was getting a bit messy. I had to take Gillian to voice lesson again since she was going to sing on Sunday, and the song we had chosen was a bit hard. After that, we had a couple of friends come play with my kids, another family who is leaving at the same time as the Wiederholds. Those few hours of play time gave my friend some precious packing time and our kids time to be together. In the evening Gillian had a party, and my boys were too upset that they couldn't go, so I let them watch a movie. Another broken rule (they have to earn points for movies) right in the first week.

Saturday was spent all day at a ward activity. A couple in our ward had rented out a family center for the whole day. My kids had a blast swimming, diving, and playing with each other. However, I have to say that Charlton seemed to have the most fun. He had discovered that jumping on a trampoline gave him great joy. He remained there for the rest of the time; I hardly saw him anywhere else.

After we got home, and the kids were showered and in bed, I sat on my chair trying to prepare for my Relief Society lesson, but I was completely drained physically and mentally. I put my lesson down to be prepared in the morning, and thought about my week. There had been too much going on even for my liking. I realized that I couldn't help some of them, but I resolved that for the rest of the summer I will:

1. Be less demanding of myself and a bit smarter with my time. I didn't have to start two major projects at the same week that I had three parties and was teaching my kids how to cook and do their own laundry. I didn't have to be so rigid with our summer school. After all it is summer school and it doesn't have to be perfect. For that matter, I shouldn't have even started neither the school nor the chore regiment when I knew we were going to be busy with activities and appointments throughout the week. In short, I need not be such a perfectionist in everything, because then nothing will be done perfect.

2. Enjoy the moment. Snuggle more with my kids. Try to stay home more. Have a lot of quiet, pondering moments.

What is one thing that you would like to do better this summer?

2 comments:

  1. Your family knows how to live life to its fullest and I love it!
    Glad you're enjoying Summer and your heat index is low. We are at 100 degrees with high humidity today. I'm craving some California and we're missing the awesome Garmin Family. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. Melita, you are one amazing Momma!!

    ReplyDelete