My forever family

My forever family

Sunday, April 6, 2014

General Conference April 5-6, 2014

It is a thing of extraordinary amazement to think and witness the fact that we have a prophet on earth who guides and directs us in these latter days.  These past two days have been powerful as we have listened and have been touched by the wise words of the great men of God. What a blessing to be able to tap in a piece of heaven every so often.  

I enjoyed every talk; each of them carried its own gems that touched my heart and inspired my being.  I loved Elder Holland's tenderness, Elder Bednar's clarity, Elder Perry's firmness, Elder Packer's wisdom, President Monson's kindness.  However, as a European, I'm very bias to President Uchdorf's amazing pearls of wisdom.  I'm touched by his love and understanding of God's children, his dedication to God, his sweet words of optimism and inspiration.  Every talk he gives touches an aspect of my life, and triggers in me a desire to be better.  He truly knows how to speak soul to soul.  Today's talk was one of his most tender ones; he encouraged us to have gratitude even in time of trials, and to be able to see the hand of God even in our darkest moments.

Here are some of my favorite quotes of various talks during both days of General Conference.  If you would like to actually listen on your own to General Conference, here is the link: https://www.lds.org/general-conference?lang=eng


 














1 comment:

  1. It was a truly wonderful Conference! I love Elder Bednar's talks and President Uchtdorf is also a favorite. My dear husband set up a place where I could sit and scan old photos while I listened to conference (we stream via internet, no TV in our house). I was able to listen to the awesome words of the church leaders, feel inspired and work on a family history related project all at once. An awesome weekend!

    ReplyDelete