My forever family

My forever family

Saturday, May 7, 2011

How was your Saturday?

Charlton woke me up early today. After feeding him a bottle, I got back to bed. Sleep had left me, so I laid down reading for a while. The kids didn't bother me, and Gillian took care of Charlton. It was about 11am when I got up. I hadn't finish my book, but I had had a few quiet hours to read this morning, and that was wonderful. I was grateful to my children for letting me rest.

At about 2 pm, my friend, Amy, and her daughter Mary picked us up and we all drove to a mother-daughter party. Gillian and Mary attend the Activity Days and this year, the leaders of the Activity Days had organized a fun party for all the girls and their mothers. The theme of the party was the Kentucky Derby Race, since it was being held today.

The party was fabulous. We each got a balloon with the name of a horse inside it. We randomly chose the balloons. Afterward, we each made hats out of paper plates and lots of ribbons and trimmings. We watched the race and cheered the winner (Gillian's friend, Mary, had the name of the winning horse). The food was very delicious, accompanied by the famous Derby Pie. The girls had fun, and us mothers enjoyed being together. This was a perfect outing for both the mother and daughter. Gillian and I truly had a great time being together and participating in this fun activity.

This evening, I took my mother out for an outing. Different ballet studios from around the Bay Area were going to perform at the Interstake Center by the Oakland Temple. The performances were of various levels, and offered us great entertainment. afterwards, I took my mother for a last stroll on the temple grounds. She is leaving in a week or so, and won't come back till next year. We'll miss her and all the help she has given us throughout these four months. Nevertheless, she will be with my brother and will enjoy the next few months being with his children. Life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment