My forever family

My forever family

Sunday, June 19, 2011

Happy Father's Day, Elijah!

I followed our tradition and went out yesterday to get Father's Day gifts with all of the children. I had ordered some on line, but I had left a few items to be picked up on Saturday with them. They were so happy to plan the whole day. We bought gifts to give to dad from each of them, we bought groceries to make the special meals, and we made plans to help him have a great day.

Today, we made him breakfast in bed, gave him presents after church, made sure he had an undisturbed nap, and cooked him a delicious dinner. I think Elijah had a good time.

I'm so grateful for Elijah. He is such a wonderful husband and father. I love his determination to always choose the right. I'm touched by his integrity to stand up for the truth. I'm thankful for his desire to make our family an eternal family. His example of faith, patience, kindness, gentleness, and love toward his family and all of God's children is the best gift my children can have. Our children have a very special and loving relation with their father. I know they feel they can tell him anything, ask for advice anytime, and share their day with him and know they will be listened. Although he is very busy with his job, church calling and serving in the Temple, Elijah always finds time for his children. He spends hours with Jefferson talking about inventions and army as well as making and building things together. He talks to Gillian about her life, helps her build confidence through his loving words and compliments. He reads and plays with James and Charlton. He plays basketball and watches movies with them. Star Trek Wednesdays is going to be one of the most unforgettable memories of my children with their father. He is kind and loving in play, serious in testimony, and firm when discipline is needed. I've rarely heard Elijah raise his voice. He needn't. The children know when he says something he means it, and they obey right away, even Charlton.

One of my favorite things that Elijah has been doing recently with the children is listening to his parents and grandparents' recorded stories of their lives during Sunday afternoons. What a wonderful idea to have his family members record life experiences and then listen to them with his own children. The kids love hearing all that stuff and being with their father.

Having a husband who loves and cares for his children continuously is a great blessing. I'm truly blessed to have Elijah on my side in teaching, loving, and guiding our children toward the straight and narrow path. With you on my side, sweetheart, I have no doubt we will partake of the sweet fruit of eternal life and live with God again.

Happy Father's Day and thank you for your righteous example.

No comments:

Post a Comment