Congratulations Paul and Heather. We love you both and wish the best for both of your families.
Thursday, December 29, 2011
A joyous gathering
We spent two beautiful days in Sacramento this week. One of our best friends from Virginia got married to a lady from this area, and we were thrilled that we could go. We spent Tuesday evening at the same hotel as our friend's. Our children were very excited to play with their Virginia friends and remember the fun times they had together. While waiting for our friends to finish last minute wedding preparations, we settled in our hotel room. I caught up on some emails, Charlton and James nestled in bed playing hide and seek with each other, Gillian was speaking in the phone to family, and Elijah and Jefferson played a few dart games with each other. I was grateful for well-behaved children, that even though there wasn't much room to breath let alone to accommodate personal space, they all tried their best to enjoy each other's company without disturbing their mother's peace.


After a little while our friends joined us, and we were so happy to meet Paul's wife, who was absolutely gracious and wonderful. Elijah and I felt immensely glad for our friend to have found such a sweet lady. They have both been divorced, and have children from previous marriages. This union seems great for all the parties involved. I wish them great joy and happiness in life. They are both amazing people and very kind. We spent our evening eating at the Cheesecake Factory (one of the few restaurants that could accommodate about 14 kids and 6 adults,) and catching up with each other. Paul is still trying to convince us to move back to Virginia, for which I don't need much convincing, but of course life is not that simple. We had a great time catching up with each other and learning news about the many friends we've left in Virginia. Life is wonderful when you are surrounded by dear friends.
The next day was the wedding. We took the kids to swim at the indoor swimming pool in the morning, and then we all got ready. The sealing took place at the Sacramento Temple, and once again I was touched by the words that sealed this couple for eternity. I love listening to the words because they remind me also of the covenants that I've made with my husband and the many blessings that come by keeping those sacred promises. I'm grateful for the knowledge that our families can be forever. I know it takes hard work, but it's all worth it in the end.



What a view that temple was! I've seen and been in many temples throughout the world, however I was unprepared to witness the beauty of this small temple. I understand every temple is dedicated to be a house of God, and it is such, regardless of its architecture or size. But I have to say this temple's architecture and elegance captured my heart immediately. This temple more than encouraged me to capture my family in camera with its beauty as the backdrop.









Congratulations Paul and Heather. We love you both and wish the best for both of your families.
Congratulations Paul and Heather. We love you both and wish the best for both of your families.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
These are all such beautiful pictures. We sure LOVE your wonderful family. You are missed dearly here in Virginia. It's not the same with you gone. Looks like you are all doing well. Love you!
ReplyDeleteAnd this is how I find out Paul is married! YAY!!!! So happy for him!! happy for you that you were there. :) Maybe this year we will actually talk and catch up. Miss you always!!!
ReplyDelete