This week I cooked three dishes, the recipes of which I've been asked in the past to pass on. So, since I don't have them written down anywhere, I made sure I paid attention and wrote them down as I cooked. Here they are:
Melita's melt-in-your-mouth steak/pork chops
2 lbs steak/pork chops (no thicker than 1 inch)
2 Tbsp Canadian steak seasoning
2 Tbsp Red Wine Vinegar
4 Tbsp Water
4 Tbsp Olive Oil
Combine the seasoning, vinegar, oil, and water together, and then add the meat. Let the meat marinate for 30 minutes. When you are ready, turn the temperature of the oven to 400, and then put everything in a roasting pan. Cover the pan with aluminum foil, and cook the meat for about 30 to 40 minutes. After that take the aluminum foil off, and let cook for 15 more minutes. If you desire your meat to be well done, broil for about 5 to 10 more minutes.
Serve with rice and grilled asparagus (For optimal results, always cook rice in butter first, and then add chicken broth instead of water. Rice will definitely be tastier.)
Or Roasted Potatoes and salad. (I use red potatoes, washed, cut up in cubes, and drizzled in olive oil, salt, Italian seasoning, and fresh parsley. I cook them uncovered in the oven for 40 to 45 minutes in a temperature of 400.)
Lili's Delicious Stuffed Peppers
2 large onions (or 4 medium) finely chopped
2 lbs beef chunks, previously boiled and simmered for 30 minutes (for vegetarians, you can always omit the meat, and it won't affect the taste)
8 long poblano peppers
4 Tbsp tomato sauce
1 cup rice with its equivalent of water or beef broth (for example if you are using Uncle Ben's rice for 1 cup of rice you'll need 1 cup of water)
2 Tbsp fresh parsley
2 Tbsp fresh dill
red pepper flakes
Put 1 cup of water in your cooking pot, and then throw your finely chopped onion in. Let it cook in medium heat for about 10 to 15 minutes. Meanwhile wash the peppers, and then cut their ends and empty the seeds. When the onion is cooked in its own water, pour 3 Tbsp of olive oil, and then add the beef chunks. It is very important that the beef chunks have been previously boiled and simmered to tenderness. Cook the meat and onion together in olive oil for 10 minutes. Be careful and stir often as it will stick at the bottom of the pot, and you won't want that. Add the tomato sauce, a pinch of red pepper flakes, salt to taste (I usually put 1 tsp), and then stir. Add 1 cup of rice and its equivalent of water. Throw the parsley and dill. Let it boil for a few minutes. Pour 1/3 of the mix on a casserole dish, and fill the peppers with the rest. Pour the left-overs on the dish. Cook for 30 minutes uncovered in 450.
Melita's Simply Scrumptious Beef Stew
5 lbs Idaho Potatoes, peeled and cubed
2 finely chopped onions
2 lbs beef chunks (previously boiled and simmered for 30 minutes)
1 can (8 oz) tomato sauce
2 Tbsp olive oil
3 Tbsp fresh dill
Salt to taste
4 cups beef broth
Put 1 cup of water in your cooking pot, and then throw your finely chopped onion in. Let it cook in medium heat for about 10 to 15 minutes. When the onion is cooked in its own water, pour 2 Tbsp of olive oil, and then add the beef chunks. It is very important that the beef chunks have been previously boiled and simmered to tenderness. Cook the meat and onion together in olive oil for 10 minutes. Be careful and stir often as it will stick at the bottom of the pot, and you won't want that. Add the tomato sauce, the cubed potatoes, and salt to taste (I usually put 1 tsp), and then stir well. Pour the broth, or just water. Stir well, and then let boil for 5 minutes. Lower the temperature, and let simmer, covered, for 30 to 40 minutes. When done, add the fresh dill. Serve when desired.
Enjoy!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
A-ha! Just what I wanted. Thank you.
ReplyDelete