My forever family

My forever family

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

A glitch in the system

It's day two of summer vacation and I already found a glitch in my planning. We've been doing school for two to three hours a day, and that's going great. The children get their basic chores done, and we have made sightseeing plans for every day of this month. I've "scheduled" their on their own time after we get back from our activity, so I can rest and read for an hour. We are reading before and after dinner, and I'm finding a little time even for cooking. So, what am I doing up at midnight? No, I'm not reading; I haven't read much today to tell the truth. I'm cleaning bathrooms and mopping floors, doing laundry and scrubbing tubs. In all the excitement, the cleaning time was left out, and we all know you can ignore dirty floors for so long, but not forever. As a result I'm using my reading time cleaning. Don't worry! I'll be doing this only once a week. It's worth it to me. I love hearing the laughter of Charlton as he crawls rapidly after his brothers as they try to play hide and seek with him. I love Gillian reading to Charlton and playing with the boys. I love Jefferson finishing his math lessons in ten minutes. I love James wanting to do three reading lessons a day so he can catch up with his brother. I love my wet cheeks from my kids' constant kisses. I love that I come exhausted every day and get to take a nap, while the children color and enjoy their books-on-tape. I don't like that I have to clean at 12 o'clock at night, but it's okay, it's all worth it to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment