My forever family

My forever family

Monday, June 21, 2010

Happy Summer!

I love summer days full with activities and sunshine. When I was a little girl in Albania, the minute we finished school, my brother and I would go to the beach every day for the rest of the summer. We would meet friends there, and would have a great time swimming, playing, reading, talking and sunbathing. I loved those carefree days. Although the water isn't as warm here as in Albania, I will try to take my kids as much as I can to the beach, knowing that they won't care how cold the water is or isn't. They will have fun either way.

So, today I had them start swim lessons. Gillian and Jefferson are almost ready. James loves the water, but he isn't as excited to go under it. It took a while for him today to warm up to his teacher and let her take him in the water and some under. They got two weeks of lessons, and being only four of them in the class with two instructors, I hope he will be able to learn how to swim fast. They sure had fun, though, even James.When they got home, they were still wet, so they asked permission to play with their water guns. I let them enjoy themselves for a while, and then had them take showers. The day went pretty smoothly, but busy, after that. They helped me clean the house, cook and do laundry. We read a bunch of books, and then did FHE. By the time we were done with everything, it was about 10:00 pm, and we were all exhausted. I think I will fall asleep before the kids, as soon as I'm done with this post. It's hard being a single mother. Thank goodness it's just for a week! I have to say Elijah has spoiled me by being there for me all the time.
Yesterday, besides being Father's Day, it was Charlton's 10 month mark. I didn't keep any notes on his growth this month, so I'll just write what I remember. Charlton is growing beautifully. He is truly a bundle of joy, and a big bundle at that. He weighs around 25lbs, and is wearing 18 month to 2 year size clothes. He added two more teeth to his previous 6, four on top and four on the bottom. His great achievement this month is his crawling. It took him two days to figure it out, and he went straight to crawling with all fours. He can pull himself standing up while holding on something. He has found the best spot to play, James' spot where he reads and has his books. Charlton prefers to pull them out and chew on them. James is pretty good with him most of the time, but when Charlton gets his books, he would rather have him away. So, I call my helper, Gillian, to read to my little Charlton. He really likes the sound of her voice, and instead of looking at the books, watches her mouth and wants to catch her tongue. Sometimes, when he makes weird sounds himself, he listens and then tries to catch his own tongue. Smart cookie! One of my favorite things to do with Charlton is listen to music. He loves to dance. He will clap his hands and move his bottom and then will give me the best smile ever. We are very happy then. His special place he likes to be taken to is the hammock. Gillian holds on him and then pushes him. My house fills up with the laughter of my children, as Charlton first starts it and then all of them are happy at him back. I think this is the best stage of raising a child. They can't talk back at you, and you can make them happy just by smiling at them and of course by feeding them. Charlton is eating a variety of foods, such as breads, fresh and cooked vegetables, and his favorites, a lot of fruits. Don't let him see strawberries. He will devour them. We love our happy Charlton!

No comments:

Post a Comment