My forever family

My forever family

Friday, June 18, 2010

Water, water everywhere

Today, my friends and I took our kids to a water park. The weather wasn't quite perfect, but we made sure we stayed under the warm rays of the sun. The children didn't take notice of the weather; they undressed and shot straight to the water in a matter of seconds. They stayed there on and off for about four hours. Jefferson's lips turned purple by the end of our stay and James' body was shivering since hour one, but he insisted in staying in the water for a long time. Gillian looked like she was in heaven. She absolutely loved the slides, and tried every one of them, and some of them scared me, but she seemed to have no fear. That's my girl.

James started off with Jefferson with some easy slides, while I was undressing Charlton. He went under the water and didn't like it, so for the rest of the time he wanted to stay near me, and later enjoyed the kiddie pool with some of his friends. I really encouraged him to wear the life vest and try the slides again, promising I would be waiting for him down the slide, but that accident really scared him, and he didn't try the slides again. Maybe next time! I'm just glad he was fast enough to get himself out of the water. He did love playing at the kiddie pool! My friends and I used that as a base for our older children to find us, while we watched our little ones.


Because James wanted to play with his friends, Jefferson went down the slides on his own. He made some friends and played with them, but I could feel that he really wanted his brother to play with him. Since James didn't want to go on those slides, I had to ask Gillian to play with him. Although she was playing with her own friends, she didn't hesitate to go and play with Jefferson. I was very proud of her for wanting to make her brother happy. Jefferson was able to go down some harder slides with her, and that made him very excited. He tried them later on his own.
I think Gillian had the most fun. She was fearless and adventurous, and she had one of her good friends accompany her in many of her explorations. It is amazing to think that it doesn't matter what age you are, having a friend really makes a difference in your life. She did make me go in one of the slides with her, and when I was expressing my fear to her, she said not to worry, and that she would take the front seat to protect me. I just about cried hearing her say that. Instead I gave her a big hug and told her that I felt safe already.
This is my favorite picture, just the right moment of hitting the water



I had Charlton try the pool as well. He loves baths, so I knew he would have fun. His brothers loved playing with him.

We returned home around six, all very exhausted, but excited for having had such a fun day!

1 comment:

  1. Isn't the Bay Area awesome?!? I think it beats the East Coast hands down.

    ReplyDelete