As we strolled along the beach, I couldn't help but compare our relationship to that of the ocean and the Cliff House. I'm glad my husband is as determined and committed in making me happy as the Cliff is in enduring the tempestuous waves of the ocean, as they ebb and flow continuously toward it. I was very happy with our date, the view and the dinner. However, what I enjoyed most was holding hands with my man, breathing the salty smell of the ocean, and spending a few minutes of quiet relaxation looking at God's marvelous creations. On our way home, we decided to take the exit that leads to Treasure Island. Every time I go toward San Francisco, I'm puzzled about what is found on that island. So, tonight we took the exit and although there wasn't much to see--since it was very dark and there were only boats and ships on docks--we were pleased to have made that decision. As we parked, we were greeted by the most beautiful view of San Francisco and the Bay Bridge. Again, my camera didn't do justice to the view, but I'm determined to go back during the day to get some good shots of the Cliff House and the Bay Bridge view.
Saturday, July 24, 2010
The Cliff House and my man
I think of myself as very easy to please. After all, I have over twenty hobbies, and I love all sorts of reading genres. There is only one little thing that ticks me off when choosing a present for me. If I feel you haven't put much thought into it, it will not impress me much, albeit a very expensive gift. So, it should come to no surprise that when it comes to our dates, Elijah puts a lot of thought into planning them. I tend to think he does that not because I'll be displeased, which unfortunately might be true, but because he loves me so tenderly that he wants to make me happy. Last night's date was no different. He had made reservation to the Sutro's restaurant located at the Cliff House in San Francisco. If you know anything about the Cliff House, you know the view is breathtaking. Located in the most west point of San Francisco, near the Ocean Beach, with giant bolder rocks not far from the shore, it looks like it hangs from this ancient old cliff. The restaurant is located on the top floor of the Cliff House with windows facing the thrilling view of the ocean's waves hitting the shore and the cliff itself. The food was elegantly presented and delicious. We were caught in traffic and we arrived a bit late for our appointment, so I didn't get a chance to take some really good pictures while there was still some light. My camera, although it has pleased me with many good photographs in the past, isn't capable of taking great pictures at night. Here is an attempt to capture the capricious waves against the sea rocks in the distance:

As we strolled along the beach, I couldn't help but compare our relationship to that of the ocean and the Cliff House. I'm glad my husband is as determined and committed in making me happy as the Cliff is in enduring the tempestuous waves of the ocean, as they ebb and flow continuously toward it. I was very happy with our date, the view and the dinner. However, what I enjoyed most was holding hands with my man, breathing the salty smell of the ocean, and spending a few minutes of quiet relaxation looking at God's marvelous creations. On our way home, we decided to take the exit that leads to Treasure Island. Every time I go toward San Francisco, I'm puzzled about what is found on that island. So, tonight we took the exit and although there wasn't much to see--since it was very dark and there were only boats and ships on docks--we were pleased to have made that decision. As we parked, we were greeted by the most beautiful view of San Francisco and the Bay Bridge. Again, my camera didn't do justice to the view, but I'm determined to go back during the day to get some good shots of the Cliff House and the Bay Bridge view.
As we strolled along the beach, I couldn't help but compare our relationship to that of the ocean and the Cliff House. I'm glad my husband is as determined and committed in making me happy as the Cliff is in enduring the tempestuous waves of the ocean, as they ebb and flow continuously toward it. I was very happy with our date, the view and the dinner. However, what I enjoyed most was holding hands with my man, breathing the salty smell of the ocean, and spending a few minutes of quiet relaxation looking at God's marvelous creations. On our way home, we decided to take the exit that leads to Treasure Island. Every time I go toward San Francisco, I'm puzzled about what is found on that island. So, tonight we took the exit and although there wasn't much to see--since it was very dark and there were only boats and ships on docks--we were pleased to have made that decision. As we parked, we were greeted by the most beautiful view of San Francisco and the Bay Bridge. Again, my camera didn't do justice to the view, but I'm determined to go back during the day to get some good shots of the Cliff House and the Bay Bridge view.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment