My forever family

My forever family

Saturday, July 17, 2010

Congratulations, Mary!


Gillian's friend, Mary, got baptized today. We went to her baptism, and I felt the spirit strongly the whole time. I love it that we don't baptize babies in our church. Instead, we wait till our children turn eight, old enough to understand basic principles of the gospel, as well as old enough to know when they are making a mistake and apply Christ's Atonement to their lives. I had tears in my eyes throughout the baptism, but especially when Mary's father performed the baptism. I'm so grateful that the priesthood of God is on the earth today, and that my husband is a righteous priesthood holder, which will enable him to baptize his own daughter. Gillian's birthday is coming soon. She will be baptized on her birthday by her father with family and friends supporting her. I feel overwhelmingly happy and emotional that my own daughter has chosen to get baptized.

We really enjoyed Mary's baptism and the whole program from the songs to the talks. We are all happy and congratulate Mary for being the newest member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.

2 comments:

  1. It was beautiful wasn't it! What a fun busy week!!! Love the pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Melita! I agree, we are so blessed. We can't wait to help celebrate Gillian's b-day and baptism!

    ReplyDelete