My brother is way more handsome than this picture shows him to be. After getting this new computer, all of my old pictures are stored in my laptop, and it has been one of my projects to get those pictures transferred for a long time. Medlir, I hope you forgive me for not posting a better picture of you, one that would show the best of the Mema genes, and the handsome face that has broken many hearts all over the world. I trust that posting this picture with your nephew James kind of makes up the difference.I love my brother so very much. He has always tried to be there for me, at times even when I didn't appreciate what he was doing or wasn't aware of his kindness. All of our lives, and especially during our childhood, he has been kind and sweet to me. We are very different in many ways, but alike in others. We have different political views and life styles, but in our core we are much alike. That keeps us coming back toward each other, even when there has been an argument or misunderstanding. Besides, there is only the two of us, and we know each other so well. I do have an older brother, my half brother, whom I love and respect tremendously, but Medlir, who is younger than me, grew up alongside me and knows me better than I know myself. Now that we are married and each of us have our own families and our own lives, we tend to forget we have each other. Nevertheless, in the back of our minds we have an assurance that we are there for each other always. I know that it doesn't matter in what corner of the world we each are, I can count on my brother.
I think Medlir is a brilliant young man, sometimes I think he is even brighter than me. Only sometimes though. Just kidding. I love my brother's interest in other cultures and languages. At the moment, he can speak fluently at least five languages, can talk for hours on any subject or country, can fill you in with any recent events in any country of the world, whether be it politics or cultural, has visited more states and countries than I can remember, and has made friends in all of them. But above all, my brother Medlir is a wonderful son, brother, husband and father. He is very spontaneous and likes to do things in the spirit of the moment. Two years ago, when I took my children and drove with Medlir and his family to Canada to see our half brother, we had a grand time stopping in more places that we should have considering we had little ones with us in the car. The children got used to it though, and we ended up having a fantastic time. My favorite quality about my brother is his generosity and desire to serve others. My mother is a supreme example of service and this Christlike quality did rub off on us as well. My brother is always found helping others or thinking on how to serve his family and friends. I'm grateful for his example. Another thing that Medlir has, which I haven't mastered yet, is his diplomacy. Everybody loves my brother. He knows how to speak to individuals as well as big crowds, and he knows how to make them all happy. Today is his birthday, and I want my brother to know that although I'm unable to be there with him for his birthday, my thoughts and wishes are with him. I love you, Medlir, and hope you have a wonderful day and year.
He sounds like a great guy. I would love to meet him some day.
ReplyDelete