My forever family

My forever family

Saturday, August 21, 2010

Company going, company coming

Rebekah, Sarah and Jacob left early this morning around 8 a.m. Last night as Rebekah started to pack, Gillian, who was getting ready for bed, realized that the time for Rebekah to leave was approaching and she started to cry. She was truly sad and as she wept she kept begging Rebekah to stay and not leave for college. My heart broke. This morning as they were all packing Gillian started to cry again, and truthfully she didn't stop even after they left. I'm glad she loves her aunts and uncles.

After Elijah's sisters and brother-in-law left, I had a few hours to get the house ready for the other group of visitors. The Cannon family were flying from Virginia and were going to arrive around 6 p.m. I had sheets and towels to wash, beds to make, bathrooms to clean, bedrooms to tidy up, dinner to cook, and children to take care of. As if I didn't have enough to do, I thought it was a good time to rearrange Gillian's room by putting her chest of drawers inside her closet, and take all of her play kitchen set out in her bedroom. I wanted Gillian and the Cannon sisters to have things to play with. Well, this was a mistake since it took me the whole day and I had to hurry to accomplish the rest rather quickly. However, the room did look very nice and Gillian was very pleased. She kept telling me how blessed she was to have a mother who was so thoughtful. I guess having to work so hard all day was worth it in the end as long as it made my daughter happy.

Paul and his children arrived around 7 p.m. The children played for a while and then we had a late dinner. Tomorrow is going to be a rest day, and then we start another week of fun entertainment.

No comments:

Post a Comment