My children's school started on Wednesday, but because we had guests and we were going places with them, I kept them out of school. With the Cannons leaving yesterday, I thought it wise for the kids to attend school. Actually, I wanted to keep them out today as well, being hot and all, but they were too excited and happy to meet new friends. Gillian started 3rd grade and Jefferson is attending 1st grade. Gillian's class has about 20 students, Jefferson's class has about 14, and 10 of them are kindergartners that finish around 11:30 a.m. With four students in the classroom for the rest of the day, Jefferson gets as much attentions as if he were at home. I love this charter school. I put Gillian's name in the list; maybe she'll get in next semester.
Having had so many visitors for two months non-stop, I decided yesterday was going to be a relaxing day. I tidied up a little and rested, read, and took care of the children. Today, I had every intention to wash sheets and towels, clean bathrooms and mop floors, and whatever else needed to be done. However, when I woke up this morning, our water heater wasn't working, so we had no hot water. Since I couldn't do my laundry, I decided I would rather go to the birthday party we had been invited than do any other chores. I know it doesn't make sense; I could have at least finish the other cleaning. I guess I hadn't had enough fun yet. I can actually imagine Elijah as he reads this post saying a shocking "What!!!" and shaking his head at the mention of the word 'fun.'
The children had a wonderful time playing with their friends that they hadn't seen in a while, and I enjoyed talking to my friends that I hadn't seen in a while. There isn't anything better to get you of the house than knowing you'll get to see and talk to your friends. Here are some of the pictures I took at the park:
No comments:
Post a Comment