James was so excited to learn about rabbits today. His teacher had two beautiful bunnies outside in the yard this morning, and the children helped with the feeding and cleaning while learning about farm animals. She also has a big garden, and each child has their own patch to work on, as well as her plants to take care of. Today, James told me they worked on the pumpkins. Isn't this exciting for our little ones?! I can't believe how fast he is growing. It just took a day like today to make me realize he is a big boy. He will be five in three months, and next year he will be attending kindergarten daily. Thank goodness I have another year with him at home. I'm going to enjoy him as much as I can.
As I was looking for uniforms, I see these really awesome Scooby Doo pajamas for my boys. I had to get them. For one thing, Jefferson's pajamas are up to his calf now, and he has to have some new ones. Secondly, two months ago, my children just happen upon a Scooby Doo video at the library, and they liked it so much that they watched it obsessively three Saturdays in a row. We even worked out a math problem by using how many times the kids had watched the episodes. When the boys got home from school today, they couldn't wait to put them on. Here is a picture they asked me to take of them in their new pajamas.
As I was driving across town today trying to accomplish my chores and thinking about my children, I felt grateful for them and the joy motherhood brings. My children are very different from each other. Gillian is thoughtful, Jefferson is full of creativity, James is sweet, Charlton is determined, and all of them in the end are alike in their desire to make me happy and proud. We are all like little children. We may all be different, but we all want to make our Heavenly Father happy and proud. When I think of motherhood in those terms, I feel so humbled and grateful to be part of this great work, sharing it with God.
Your Labor Day sounds a lot like mine was: getting stuff done. Alex still had lots of required summer reading to finish for the first day of school (she read a ton this summer, just not what she had to), and I always have tons to do at home, so we made a nice day of being home. Just like you, it was exactly what we needed. Especially since school started the next day. Now that the kids are back in school, I'll call you one of these days. I promise! :)
ReplyDeletep.s. I'm anxiously awaiting your reading list from August! I love it! :)
ReplyDeleteWait, never mind. Just found it. :)
ReplyDelete