My forever family

My forever family

Sunday, January 17, 2010

My favorite moments of 2009 (Part 1)



Since this new year will find us in California, I thought I could recap the best moments of 2009 with what I got in pictures. I loved homeschooling for many reasons, one of them being the fact that we got to go anywhere we wanted and see many things. I wish I could have kept a journal of the things that the children said as they went through beautiful and fun experiences together. Here are some things that I remember (some of these correspond the pictures above):
-Jefferson and James wanted to be rock stars with Gillian doing the singing and dancing
-enjoying D.C with mami Lili
-crying when they saw the many statues in memory of the fallen at the Korean War Memorial
-loving and eating the snow
-learning about cactus and teaching mom how to get water from them if I found myself stranded in a desert
-special moments for Melita when she FINALLY became US citizen
-as we would study various things each day, the children would find it very hard to decide on one thing they like the best and one profession that they could do their favorite thing; they were all in agreement that they loved them all and they could do them all, and some of the professions that were discussed were pilots, police officers, construction workers, doctors, biologists, airplane builders, paleontologists, soldiers, chimney sweeps, singers, firemen, and many more. It made our everyday life very entertaining.
-we loved visiting Chicago and our friends. The 'bean' as this gigantic sphere was called was really cool
-the children loved visiting this Battleship; every time we went they pretended they were in outer space on the ENTERPRISE.

I have so many more pictures of the fun things we saw and did, but I think I'll just do two more parts with the most interesting things, just so I can have them here for later publishing.

No comments:

Post a Comment