My forever family

My forever family

Friday, January 15, 2010

Virginia is for lovers...



As we drive away from Virginia and travel from one state to another, I stand in awe at the beauty of this magnificent country. I'm so grateful to live in it. I'm grateful to have had the blessing of traveling in so many places, and look forward to seeing many more. But I have to say, I truly enjoyed my stay in Virginia. I love Virginia! I felt more at home in Virginia than anywhere else. I loved the driven and goal oriented people. I enjoyed visiting the historical sites, the museums, the parks, the monuments. I took pleasure in attending the many arts that the Northern Virginia/D.C area has to offer. I loved the fact that I could wake up in the morning and decide right there and then to take my kids out and learn something first hand. My favorite spots, and they are many, include Shenandoah Park, Great Falls, Williamsburg, Monticello, Jamestown, Mount Vernon, the Botanical Garden, Arboretum, the WWII Memorial, Jefferson Memorial, Lincoln monument, the Washington D.C Temple, and many more.

However, my stay in Virginia has been so special primarily because of all of you, my friends. Thank you for all of your friendships, love and kindness you've shown toward me. I'll mention few names, with the full knowledge that I might forget some, so forgive me. I value so many of you for so many reasons, but for the sake of time and space I'll mention one quality that I like in each of you: Jenifer-brilliant, Katherine-understanding, Cindy-funny, Carolyn-diplomatic, Elizabeth-intuitive, Marcia-gracious, Aubrie-generous, Amy B-driven, Hillary-sweet, Emily H.-talented, Nicole- calm, Kylee-beautiful, Heather M- my liberal twin, Heather B-organized, Stephanie P-happy, Charish-amazingly mature, Suzanne- a bosom friend, Sharise-pure, Ann Marie-faithful, Jana-easy going, Rebecca Y.- capable, Bishop S-quick in understanding human nature and fun to be around, Paul- great father and a doer. I know I'm forgetting many more, but thank you to all of you for making my life in Virginia wonderful.

No comments:

Post a Comment