While I was gone and enjoying myself, the children were having a good time with dad. Elijah reads with Gillian every night. They read either Hardy Boys, House on the Prairie, or some other book Gillian wants to read with him. In addition to reading, tonight the children assembled a small erector set into an airplane. This was Jefferson's choice. He loves to build things and is pretty good at it. Needless to say, he took charge of the project and finished it on his own. The set consisted of very little parts and I was proud of the children for figuring it out.Thursday, January 28, 2010
SPANISH PAELLA
Tonight I attended a Relief Society enrichment activity. I learned how to make Spanish Paella! A sister in our ward, Rosi, is originally from Spain, and she was teaching this class at her house. On my first Sunday at church, during Relief Society, she approached me asking me if I were from Spain, because I looked like one. We got to talking and I told her about my trip to Spain. We discovered I had been visiting a city very close to her town. She was so fun and told me that I had to come to her class and learn how to make paella for my husband. I happily agreed to go, but with no promises in learning or cooking it for my husband. When I got there, I was able to visit with the many ladies I had met on Sunday as well as on Wednesday during playgroup. Rosi had prepared a lot of Spanish finger foods as well as one whole paella. She was going to make a second one while we ate. The food was delicious, the company proved kind, and I learned to make paella. Not bad for someone who got here few days ago. Here are some fun pictures I took tonight:
While I was gone and enjoying myself, the children were having a good time with dad. Elijah reads with Gillian every night. They read either Hardy Boys, House on the Prairie, or some other book Gillian wants to read with him. In addition to reading, tonight the children assembled a small erector set into an airplane. This was Jefferson's choice. He loves to build things and is pretty good at it. Needless to say, he took charge of the project and finished it on his own. The set consisted of very little parts and I was proud of the children for figuring it out.
While I was gone and enjoying myself, the children were having a good time with dad. Elijah reads with Gillian every night. They read either Hardy Boys, House on the Prairie, or some other book Gillian wants to read with him. In addition to reading, tonight the children assembled a small erector set into an airplane. This was Jefferson's choice. He loves to build things and is pretty good at it. Needless to say, he took charge of the project and finished it on his own. The set consisted of very little parts and I was proud of the children for figuring it out.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment