My forever family

My forever family

Sunday, January 17, 2010

My favorite moments of 2009 (Part 2)



-We had a small patch of land where Elijah and the children did some gardening. It was such fun seeing the children helping Elijah in the garden and bringing me fresh produce each day. They were so proud of their work.

-One of my favorite spots in D.C is the Arboretum, and next to it I found this beautiful botanical garden full of waterlilies and orchids. The children and I had a great time admiring the flowers,learning about them, and then later drawing them. However, the most exciting moment was when we discovered a water snake trying to devour a frog, while the frog was trying so hard to get out of snake's mouth. I know, it is gross. We all thought that, except Jefferson who wanted to come closer and closer to study it and "see the snake's mouth and teeth." I personally was scared, but my James held my hand whispering that he would protect me, while he was shivering himself. Fun memories...

-Gillian wanted to celebrate her birthday in Georgia last year (Jefferson did, so why not her as well). She wanted a Star Trek cake, and although the cake maker thought it to be Star Wars, everything looked great and tasted delicious. Gillian really had a great time.

-I had to put this picture of me giving Elijah his cake, just so you could see the big belly from the side. Ready to burst...

-On the 14th of August, it's our anniversary, and although Elijah and I celebrated it in Spain earlier this year, Elijah took me on a day cruise on the Potomac with food, entertainment and great view. We both enjoyed it, especially being together.

-Now I know most of you have heard the story of Charlton's birth and the reason that Melita looked so beautiful even though she had just given birth. But, for the sake of recording this for my children here it goes: So, I went for my weekly check up to the doctor, and as I stand on the scale for the nurse to weigh me, a gush of water flows freely across my legs. Having had a similar experience with Gillian, mind you at home and in bed, I knew my water broke. The doctor comes quickly, checks me to confirm what we all knew by now, calls my husband and then tells me to go straight to the hospital. I wasn't having any contractions, so I was calm and ready to go home, and make the proper arrangements for my kids and everything else. While I'm driving, I'm reminded of the horrible pictures of me when I gave birth to Jefferson. I had pink eye on both eyes and the epidural hadn't work so I'm transfigured into a witch from the miserable pain my body and soul is suffering. I didn't want ugly pictures. So, I get home and take a nice shower, put clean clothes on, make my hair, and put my make up on. Meanwhile, I'm on the phone with friends to have my kids taken care of. Jenifer comes and picks me up, and then drops me off at the hospital. When I get to my room, I ask my nurse to take a picture of me and then to call the anesthesiologist. Then, I pick a book to read. Charlton comes five hours later finding a happy and pretty mommy. Just so you know, my labors usually last more than 12 hours.

-Gillian and Jefferson's first day in public school together. They really loved the idea of riding in the bus together and eating in the same cafeteria.

-Charlton's first bath and first church attendance.

-My mother was a great help these four months. She made me fat by cooking delicious food for breakfast, lunch and dinner, and not letting me do any house work, especially laundry, which I detest. However, her favorite thing to do was take care of Charlton. She really loved being with him.

-I love this picture of James; he looks so mesmerized by the knight's armor, helmet and other clothes. He was so excited that he got to try them all on, although they were a bit big on him. The next time we went to the library, of course, we had to have some knight stories.

-This last picture here shows the boys and Elijah leaving for the 'father and son' camp out. It's without exaggeration the boys favorite thing to do all year. They really look forward to being with dad and in the wild. You can imagine Gillian is not very happy about this whole ordeal, since she is supposed to be daddy's little girl. I try to make that night special for her by eating out just the two of us and by watching her favorite movies. Deep down, I know she still wishes she were with dad. I love Gillian; she is so totally me.

No comments:

Post a Comment