My forever family

My forever family

Thursday, April 1, 2010

Procrastination and Flowers

Having done neither my grocery shopping nor finished the laundry on Tuesday, and the library on Wednesday as it is planned on my schedule, my day today was accounted for every hour. This is what I did today:
8:00 a.m. Drop the kids to school
8:30 - 9:00 Eat with James
9:00 - 10:30 Read to James
10:30 - 11:15 Shower/Get ready
11:30 Pick Up Jefferson
11:30 - 1:30 Grocery Shopping (Sam's/Trader Joe's)
1:30 - 2:30 Put up Groceries/Lunch/ Dishes
2:30 Pick up Gillian
3:00 - 4:30 Library
4:30 - 5:30 Homework/Extra math with both kids/Check my email
5:30 - 6:30 Prepare dinner/Eat dinner/Do Dishes
6:30 - 7:30 Laundry/Vacuum/Tidy up
7:30 - 8:30 Talk on the phone with family
8:30 - 9:30 Read to the boys/Gillian was in heaven trying to read three to four books for hours in her room)
9:30 - 10:00 Good night routine
10:00 - 11:30 Talking to Elijah about our day, books, trucks, children, and family.
11:30 Must go to sleep

As you can see, I didn't get a lick of reading done for myself. However, in the midst of the bustle and hustle of my life, I did receive a package from proflowers today. It was sent, of course, by Elijah with a very sweet card, just because. I love the "just because" presents, especially when accompanied by words that show thoughtfulness, kindness and appreciation. So, although I didn't get to read tonight, I won't be cranky. I'm just thankful that my efforts for trying to run my household smoothly are greatly appreciated. Thank you, my sweets.

No comments:

Post a Comment