Wednesday, April 21, 2010
Rainy days
Yesterday, beside being Jefferson's birthday, was Charlton's 8 month mark. He keeps growing and filling our house with his beautiful laughter. He has been with us for just a little time, nevertheless, he is such a big part of our lives and we would feel so empty without him. All my children love him and are glad to play with him when I need them to or when they just feel like it. James, in particular, will not stop kissing, hugging, and playing with Charlton. He says he is very sad when I tell him to move away from Charlton. Charlton has been drooling a bunch this month; there is a tooth on the bottom that is giving him hard time and he has been using his teething toys to rub the gums on like crazy. It's actually funny to watch. He is eating and enjoying solids right now, and his favorite food that he gets excited about and wants to grab vigorously from my hand is strawberries. I don't know if he likes the color or actually the taste, but he will go crazy if he sees any of us eat strawberries. He is sleeping better and longer, and is continuing to take long naps during the day. He has so far five teeth, one just added these few days finally breaking through the gums, weighs 23lbs, and measures 29 inches long. He hasn't added any words to his vocabulary, except for an exciting squeal he shares when he sees me. He doesn't crawl yet, but likes to change his sitting position by moving his bottom when he reaches for a toy. I guess I may call it progress, although to tell the truth I'm really enjoying him sitting down and playing on his own. I don't think I'm ready for a crawling Charlton. Our 8 month baby is a happy, charming, and healthy boy.
Today was raining on and off through out the day, and to tell the truth it made me want to just lay down and relax. I helped the children with their homework, did some preschool stuff with James, work with Gillian and Jefferson in math, and read few books to them. I wasn't in the mood for much reading today, so I let them play for the rest of the day, which suited them fine, since Jefferson really wanted to try some of his toys he got for his birthday. James and Jefferson played for a long time with his Nerf gun, and Gillian asked me if I could teach her how to shoot better with her bow and arrow. She was still slightly ticked off at the fact that she didn't do well on the archery contest last night. That girl can take things too seriously. After they were done playing with their toys, they went outside and got all soaked by jumping on puddles and pouring water on each other. I was too lazy to take a picture, since I was either taking a nap or reading, but trust me when they got inside there wasn't one dry spot on their entire clothing. Gillian actually was dripping water, and it just made me shiver. I was very warm inside with my fire going in the fireplace that I just couldn't fathom why they would want to be wet and cold. That's children for you. They each took a bath, and I sent them to their rooms to rest. When Elijah got home, they were full of energy and excited to play some more. We ate dinner, cleaned up, and then Elijah offered to read to them the remainder of their Hardy Boys book. Jefferson, still excited about his birthday presents, suggested they lay down on their new sleeping bags while their dad read to them. They finally looked peaceful after a long, invigorating day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Charlton is such a cute little guy. And 23 pounds and 29 inches, wow!! I just got caught up on your blog and have to ask how you manage to have guests for dinner at least once a week!? I'm lucky to prepare my own family a decent dinner once or twice a week, let alone have the house clean enough for guests to come over. I'm impressed.
ReplyDelete