My in-laws arrived on Monday, and the children have played and spent time with them just enjoying their grandparents' present. Today, I didn't sent them to school, but instead we all headed toward San Francisco. The children put their exploring hats on, I packed some snacks, and then drove toward the city.
First stop was the cable cars. I dropped Mama and Papa at the station, and met them down the hill near Girardelli Square. I think they enjoyed the ride and uniqueness of the cable cars. They didn't like the stop-and-go streets of San Francisco, but they thought that the houses and the city itself were very beautiful.
After the cable car ride, we looked for and found a Harley-Davidson store for my father-in-law located near the Fisherman's Wharf. Papa had promised his buddy to check this store out for him. The store was fun, but we were all ready to stroll along the bay. We stopped at the Arcade Museum and the Submarine by the Fisherman's Wharf. The kids had the most fun. I gave them a bunch of quarters, and they went every each way trying out various fun machines.
I have to say that it doesn't matter how many times we go to this museum and how many times we play the same games, my children's favorite will always be the optical mirror. They love seeing their bodies getting deformed in the mirror.
We walked along the stores and the sea lions of Pier 39, ate some good food at the Boudin's, and then strolled back to our car.
While at Fort Point, below and then in the upper level, I took a lot of pictures of the bridge with the family and without. However, my favorite one is this one (Charlton hasn't been feeling well the whole week, and this pictures shows him in his worst time.):
The children had a great time spending time with their grandparents, and I hope my in-laws enjoyed their time as well.
No comments:
Post a Comment