After the Playland, we took the kids around the patch, showing them the farm animals and all of the vegetables and fruits growing in the farm. The children enjoyed being together, especially James who was very happy to have his close friends, Harrison and Oliver, there with him.
Then, it was time for pumpkins, and pictures, of course. James and his friends went around searching for their perfect pumpkin, while I took some pictures of Charlton as he found a nice spot to sit and check the pumpkins out himself. I have to admit I did go a bit overboard taking pictures of Charlton amongst the pumpkins. I happen to think that there is nothing more cute than a chubby baby boy and pretty pumpkins. Don't worry; I'll just share two or three.
After a while, James joined us as we visited some fun pumpkins throughout the field.
We truly had a good time at the Pumpkin Patch, and James kept telling me how happy he was that we had come, and that his friends were there. We have been blessed in our ward with many young kids. This whole year, since we moved in, there have been many families with little children, and James can't have enough of all of them. They are mostly his age, and he can't decide who his best friends are. When he was expressing his excitement today in the car about the fun he had with all of his friends, he asked me if it were okay that they all were his best friends. I said that it was absolutely fine that he loves them all the same. He was delighted.
As we were returning home this afternoon, the weather was just perfect. I had the windows open, the radio loud, and my camera at hand. I was rewarded with another perfect picture that had nothing to do with my talent as a photographer, but rather with this wonderful California climate.
I have to admit that this morning when I saw the sun shining in the beautiful blue sky, I was a bit...irritated. You see, last week the weather was mostly overcast, and it rained on Sunday when my in-laws left. I had bragged about this great weather to them this whole time we've been here, and the one time they come, California greets them with gray skies and wet climate. But then again, the weather wasn't the only one that didn't cooperate for my in-laws visit. Charlton was sick and whiny the whole week, my sweet James wasn't getting along with any one, Jefferson complained quite often, and Gillian had a concussion. I wondered if my in-laws doubted my tales of a near perfect life as described in my blog. Fortunately, I don't actually write about a near perfect life, and secondly, you can't expect the children to act normal when they are all competing for the attention of their grandparents. So, to all of you, come and visit us, but don't expect me to have control over the weather or over my children's desire to receive your attention.
No comments:
Post a Comment