Today my in-laws left for Idaho to see their other three children and grandchildren. My children love their grandparents very much and I'm so glad they have such a good relationship with them. They were sad to see them leave. They kept telling their grandparents to stay till Christmas. They did have a good time with them this past week. Despite the weather being overcast and then rainy in the end, despite Charlton being sick the whole week, the older boys for some reason not getting along, and then Gillian having a concussion, despite all of these unusual events, I think we can all say we enjoyed each other's company. When I asked my children what they liked the best from their grandparents' stay, they all were unanimous in saying that they loved Papa's stories and Mama's rolls. We are sad to see Mama and Papa leave, but look forward to seeing them sometime soon.
Sunday, October 24, 2010
Depending on each other
This morning Gillian felt better and she insisted she went to church. Their Primary Program was going to happen today, and she wanted to participate. When I told her that she didn't have to go, she replied "They are depending on me, mother." We all went and enjoyed the Spirit that children bring with their voices and words. Jefferson and James had memorized their parts and were not very nervous; Gillian gave her talk without any notes, sang beautifully with her class, and sounded angelic as she closed the program with her solo. I had tears in my eyes throughout the meeting; the children, all of them, did a great job and the Spirit was very strong. But I couldn't stop weeping as Gillian sang "Come follow me." As the congregation joined her in the last verses, her words "They are depending on me" came to mind. We all depend on each other. I depend on my husband, he depends on me, our children depend on us, we depend on our parents, our children depend on their teachers, and ultimately we all depend on the Lord. It is important that we follow Him in all that we do, because He is depending on us to bring our family and friends back home to heaven again.


Today my in-laws left for Idaho to see their other three children and grandchildren. My children love their grandparents very much and I'm so glad they have such a good relationship with them. They were sad to see them leave. They kept telling their grandparents to stay till Christmas. They did have a good time with them this past week. Despite the weather being overcast and then rainy in the end, despite Charlton being sick the whole week, the older boys for some reason not getting along, and then Gillian having a concussion, despite all of these unusual events, I think we can all say we enjoyed each other's company. When I asked my children what they liked the best from their grandparents' stay, they all were unanimous in saying that they loved Papa's stories and Mama's rolls. We are sad to see Mama and Papa leave, but look forward to seeing them sometime soon.





Today my in-laws left for Idaho to see their other three children and grandchildren. My children love their grandparents very much and I'm so glad they have such a good relationship with them. They were sad to see them leave. They kept telling their grandparents to stay till Christmas. They did have a good time with them this past week. Despite the weather being overcast and then rainy in the end, despite Charlton being sick the whole week, the older boys for some reason not getting along, and then Gillian having a concussion, despite all of these unusual events, I think we can all say we enjoyed each other's company. When I asked my children what they liked the best from their grandparents' stay, they all were unanimous in saying that they loved Papa's stories and Mama's rolls. We are sad to see Mama and Papa leave, but look forward to seeing them sometime soon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment