We started by babysitting for a friend of mine. I visit teach her and I wanted to do a little service for her for the month of December instead of visiting her at home. She just had her baby a few months ago, and wanted me to babysit her two children while she attended the temple with her husband. It absolutely felt good to help her out even a little bit. Her children did fine, and my children were a great help to me. Gillian kept wanting to hold the baby. She fed her, and then held her some, and while I was on Skype with my mother, she kept talking and singing to her.
When my friend's son pulled one of the blinds off, my boys turned the problem into a fun activity. They started using it as a car track, and raced cars on it. Leave it to Jefferson to use his ingenuity for fun. They played on that thing for almost an hour, making their own race tracks or roller coaster rides.
After lunch, I had my children do some laundry, while Charlton kept me company by playing peek-a-boo inside the laundry basket.
We started our party by having our traditional Santa stop. All the children sat on Santa's lap and told him what was on their list. Gillian had only one request: books, Jefferson wanted a robot that could do his chores, and James asked for a light saber with sound. Charlton got scared and screamed as he approached Santa. Oh, well, I tried.
When Gillian saw her best friend, Mary, she wanted to take a picture with her on Santa's lap. They had matched their dresses, since they were going to sing together tonight in the program.
We all enjoyed our evening eating good food, listening to pretty music, and talking to our friends. When clean up time came, Elijah went to help, and I snapped a few pictures of my kids running around. I did get a picture of Charlton tonight, and although without Santa, he looks pretty handsome.
Oh my GOSH! Charlton looks so much like James now! We were just astonished by these new photos. :)
ReplyDelete