I love this month of celebration. Both Elijah and I love Christmas. It is our favorite holiday, and we try to celebrate it not only on the 25th, but throughout the month. Every day of this month is a day on which we try to be a little kinder, more patient, more generous, happier, and full of love. Every day we try to spread some of that Christmas feeling out to our friends and family, whether it be by throwing parties, sending cards and presents, or just doing little acts of service.
We also like to make and continue family traditions that can bring that joy into our home. On the first day of December, we take our family and go hunting for the perfect tree. We then bring it home and decorate it together as a family. Word has it that I let my children decorate their tree first, and then mine. When they go to sleep, I rearrange the family tree the way I like it. Both parties are satisfied that way. We also drink some hot chocolate while Elijah works on the lights. I love looking at my festive house!
Granted not all of my books are spiritual, but the message of kindness and love is repeated in each of them. Here is the list of the books I wrapped this year (the ones in bold letters are my favorites):
- Christmas around the world by Emily Kelley
- Magic Tree House - Christmas in Camelot by Mary Pope Osborne
- A Little Golden Book - Mickey's Christmas Carol
- A Little Golden Book - Baby's Christmas (I had to wrap this one just for Charlton)
- Magic Tree House - A Ghost Tale for Christmas Time by Mary Pope Osborne
- Jacob's Gift by Max Lucado
- A Little Golden Book - The Christmas Story
- Silent Night, Holy Night - The Story of Christmas Truce by Walter Cronkite
- My first Little House Books - Christmas in the woods
- A Little Golden Book - My Christmas Treasury
- Our Favorite Christmas Book - A Compelation of poems and stories by Tennyson, Dickens, Longfellow, Shakespeare, etc.
- Merry Christmas, Amelia Bedelia by Peggy Parish
- Berenstain Bears Count Their Blessings by Stan and Jan Berenstain
- The Christmas miracle of Jonathan Toomey by Susan Wojciechowski
- Merry Christmas, little Critter by Mercer Mayer
- Arthur's Christmas by Marc Brown
- The Berenstain Bears meet Santa Bear by Stan and Jan Berenstain
- The Giving chest by Dan Farr
- A Little Golden Book - Pooh's Sweetest Christmas
- The night before Christmas by Clement C. Moore
- The Polar Express by Chris Van Allsburg
- How the Grinch stole Christmas by Dr. Seuss
- Merry Christmas, curious George by Margaret and H.E.Rey
- The Berenstain Bears' Christmas Tree by Stan and Jan Berenstain
- Madeline's Christmas by Ludvig Bebelmans
- The other wise man by Pamela Kennedy
- The legend of the Candy Cane by Lori Whalburg
- The very first Christmas by Paul L. Maier
- A Little Golden Book - Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer
- On Christmas Eve by Margaret Wise Brown
- The little Fir Tree by Margaret Wise Brown
Do you have Christmas Oranges? I love that one.
ReplyDelete