My forever family

My forever family

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Passing the baton

Earlier this month Gillian asked me if she could throw a Christmas party for her friends. She had overheard me speak of my plans for my Christmas party, and had come up with the idea of having some hot chocolate and cookies with her friends. I was all for Gillian following in her mother's footsteps.

I have to say after having thrown a birthday party for James with about 20 people, having 5 girls was a breeze. Since this was going to be Gillian's first party of her own, I asked for her input on the games and activities to be played. I had the boys stay upstairs for the most part, so Gillian could host without having to entertain her brothers. She did take care of Charlton, though. For some reason, Charlton didn't want to leave her sight.

Here are some of the activities that the girls enjoyed:

Paint your own princess glass art


Climb high and jump fast

Flour, rolling pins and cookie cutters

Girly bonding through bracelets and beads

Eating and decorating go hand in hand

I know all of them had a great time. I myself enjoyed seeing how happy Gillian was and how much she wanted each of the girls to have fun. When they all left, Gillian thanked me for helping her throw a great party, and then exclaimed what a special holiday Christmas was. I'm glad Christmas offers us opportunities to make others happy by showing them how much we care.

Throwing parties and serving others are two ways I share my love for others. What are some of your ways you share your kindness with others? What has been a great way you were shown kindness or love by others?

1 comment: