My forever family

My forever family

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Major Recap

I have really enjoyed December so far. We've been busy, but very happy. I've been tired every night and I haven't been able to write on my blog. I wish I had, because so much has happened and I really wished I had recorded the fun details of our activities. However, I'll attempt to briefly describe a few things from each day since this month started:

Wednesday, December 1, 2010
We bought our tree and decorated it. We then proceeded to unwrap and read one Christmas book. The children were excited to start a month of celebrating Christmas.

Thursday, December 2, 2010
I volunteered at Gillian's classroom. I tried to find three different babysitters to help out with my activities this day. One babysitter took care of Charlton while I was volunteering at Gillian's class. Another took care of Charlton and James, so I could go and enjoy an one-hour professional massage, an early birthday present from Elijah. My third babysitter picked up my older kids from school, so I didn't have to hurry from my massage. Thank you to all of you for being such great friends in helping me out.
Gillian and Mary attended their last soccer session for this semester.

Friday, December 3, 2010
Grocery shopping, house cleaning, and laundry washing and folding.
Elijah took the children to do birthday shopping for mom (a family tradition: the children choose the gifts).

Saturday, December 4, 2010
Happy Birthday to Melita! I turn 36 years old! Boy, I don't feel that old, and I sure look good! (Prep talk to myself the night before).
I spent the good part of the morning talking on Skype or on the phone with family and friends. Wishes were sent from Cedartown to Stockholm, from Toronto to Albania; I truly felt loved.
I went out and got a new hair cut; we took our family Christmas picture; we attended a baptism.
The birthday crew then headed off to eat dinner and some famous ice-cream at the Fentons Creamery in Oakland. Talk about delicious food!
We got back home and opened presents. Besides the massage that I got from Elijah, I received from my older boys flannel sheets and flannel pajamas, a great combination to never feel cold again. Gillian gave me these VERY Christmasy earrings (a pair of small tree ornaments, and a pair of penguins with red Christmas hats on). I had to make my girl happy so I put them on right away; my sweet Gillian was so excited. Charlton "gave" me a Yankee's Candle called Christmas Wreath. It smells just like our Christmas tree, and my house smells so fresh. I love it. Elijah helped me pick my own present from him, a very beautiful Nativity set. My mother had gotten a few pairs of Italian shoes for me, but she will bring them in January when she comes to visit. My friend Katherine sent me some beautifully embroidered purses from Mongolia. My in-laws had sent a pair of pretty shoes (a girl can never have too many shoes!), a book, and my favorite, because it's so unique and I'm already using it and love it, a dryer bar that you stick in your dryer and leave it there for four months. My clothes already smelling heavenly, and I don't even have to remember to put dryer sheets any more. I recommend it to all.
Thank you to all of you, my family and friends, here and everywhere, for making my day a special one.

Sunday, December 5, 2010
We attended church, came home, ate dinner and then watched the First Presidency Christmas Devotional. What a blessing it is to have a living prophet and apostles, who guide and remind us to focus our efforts on what's most important, our testimonies and our families.

Monday, December 6, 2010
My friends threw me a party for my birthday. Thank you Amy for organizing it and to all of you, my dear friends, for your love and friendship.
I met with Jefferson's teacher for parent-teacher conference. He is doing wonderfully.
Gillian went skating for the second time in her life, and enjoyed it tremendously. She is begging me to take her there more often. The problem is I hate the cold, so I'll have to figure out a way to keep warm in the ice ring.
I attended monthly meeting for Gillian and Jefferson's charter school.
Jefferson lost his second tooth to date.


Tuesday, December 7, 2010
I cleaned and cooked all day. I love a clean house and delicious food. Every year, for quite some time now, I throw a Christmas party for my girlfriends. This year, seeing how busy everybody was, I combined it with book club night, and hosted it at my house. I was very pleased with how the food turned out, and I had a great time discussing the issues in the book with my friends. Thank goodness for good food, good books, and good company!

Wednesday, December 8, 2010
I cleaned the boys' room (I've really been itching to tidy it up the way I wanted it since we got back from Hawaii, but I haven't had the time.)
I did some laundry, cooked dinner, and read to my children.
We had guests tonight. Elijah and I decided we wanted to eat in peace and quiet with our friends without being disturbed by our children's requests. So, I fed them early, and sent them upstairs for them to read and play. I was very proud of them for not disturbing us; they were so quiet and well behaved, that one couple, who we were acquainted with but didn't know each other very well, couldn't believe we truly had four kids upstairs playing and reading to each other.
I'm also very glad I'm finding some time now to catch up with my blog. I feel tired, but very satisfied for accomplishing my goals.

No comments:

Post a Comment