My forever family

My forever family

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

The Joy this Season brings

I write a lot about the great adventures we have as a family, and this season we've truly enjoyed many fun outings. However, today I would like to share the little random things that make our every day life so happy and fun. We are a Christmasy family; we love Christmas and everything that it brings, decorations, good food, yummy sweets, beautiful carols, time with friends and family, Santa lists, and a lot of love and kindness. Here are some of the things that brought us joy this past week as we anticipate the special day of Christmas.

The joy of eating anything we want

The joy of growing up and reaching for anything we want

The joy of singing carols, especially when accompanied by a harmonica player

The joy of playing quietly inside on a rainy day

The Joy of READING by the fire

The Joy of having educated kids, and hearing them discuss the similarities between their hard work and child labor during Charles Dickens' time, with James demanding pay, and Gillian arguing her rights. Thank Goodness, Jefferson was just happy to get his energy out by washing walls.

The Joy of giving and receiving

The Joy of hearing from friends and family

The Joy of SHORT hair
The Joy of having a beautiful Christmas tree
The Joy of having friends with great Christmas hobbies





The Joy of waiting on line for almost two hours just so Jefferson could tell Santa his list



The Joy of finally meeting Santa (Charlton had no love for Santa, therefore he is not in the picture)

I love the Christmas season. I enjoy working, singing, reading, cooking, serving, giving, sightseeing, concert attending, and just spreading my love to all I cherish. Although I do all of these things throughout the year, or at least try, the Christmas spirit adds a special magic to our life, and we become a bit more patient and kinder to our fellow men. I hope you are all having a great Christmas season!

No comments:

Post a Comment