My forever family

My forever family

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Spring In San Fran!

We dropped all the kids off to school this morning, and then mom and I drove to San Francisco. I had planned today to stroll around the city's botanical gardens. We started off with the Conservatory of Flowers. I love going inside this awesome building. From the outside, it looks so grandiose and gorgeous, and inside they have done such a wonderful job recreating all the levels of the rain forest that I delight in learning and observing the beauty of the numerous plants, flowers and trees growing in each level.

After enjoying the inside gardens, we directed our attention to the pretty trees and flowers of the outside world, starting with Stow Lake and Botanical Gardens:

However, mom really liked the neatness that the Japanese Tea Garden had to offer. I really enjoy taking friends and family here. It's a very different kind of garden and the trees keep it cool year round. After exploring the Japanese Tea Garden, we walked to De Young Museum, and then drove home. Unfortunately, I drove toward the opposite side of John F.Kennedy Drive, so instead of going home, I was driving toward the Ocean Beach side of San Francisco. That was okay with us since we both like the water. It was windy at the beach and there were many kite sailors in the water. It was fun watching tens of crazy people enjoying themselves in the cold water and wind. They did have wet suits, so they were not quite that crazy. As for me, I enjoyed watching the waves from afar.

We had a very delightful day today. The weather was beautiful, the flowers gorgeous, and the beach inviting. I'm grateful to Tammy, who picked up James from preschool and had him play and eat lunch with her daughter and James' friend, Sophie. He had a wonderful time, and that made my day even better.

No comments:

Post a Comment