My forever family

My forever family

Monday, April 4, 2011

Swimming season begins...

I grew up going to the beach every day of the summer. We lived close by the sea, and it would take us 10 minutes by bus to reach our destination. I remember going with family and friends, and sometimes just me and my brother. We would pack snacks, lunch, books, and sand toys and spend the whole day at the beach. This would repeat everyday. We never tired of it. The sand was white and miles and miles of it, and the water was warm. I never took any swim lessons. I learned how to swim on my own at the age of 5. I've always loved the water.

It's no wonder then that when I heard that a private sport club was offering swim lessons for members and non -members of the club, I immediately registered them for the six week, five day a week, program. Today was their first day and the chidlren were way excited. I just hope this will be the last swim program I have to register them. I hate washing towels and swim suits every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment