
Today I went to Gillian's school to attend an award ceremony. Every month the school gives awards to students who are doing great in certain areas of study. When we moved here, school was a concern to me having heard that California schools had had their budgets cut and they weren't doing well. I had prayed about this specific issue and my prayers were answered with blessings. My children's teachers are great and want them to succeed. When Gillian started school here, she would bring home that day's school work as well as homework. I knew exactly what she was doing in class and where she needed help. After a little while I realized that Gillian needed some help in math and after discussing it with her teacher, we set to work. Between Gillian's hard work, her teacher's care and my attention, Gillian is reaching our expectations. Today, she was recognized for excellency in reading and great growth in math. We are so proud of her. I know that each of us has specific strengths and talents as well as specific weaknesses, but I also know that with hard work anything can be achieved. Reading and writing, science and history are fun and easy for Gillian. Math was her stumbling block and she hated it, mostly because she had to work at it. However, now that she is doing so much better, she doens't complain any more about extra work; she knows she can succeed only through hard work and she desires her success after tasting it. I'm glad Gillian is learning the hard lesson of hard work and true enjoyment now at this early stage of her life. Good job, Gillian, for your hard work, determination and desire to succeed.
No comments:
Post a Comment