My forever family

My forever family

Thursday, March 11, 2010

"My friends are my estate." - Emily Dickinson

The weather continues to be amazingly beautiful here. The mornings and evenings are chilly, but during the day one can go out in short sleeves. I had offered to help Alice take care of her two children while she finished an errand in the nearby town. When she got back, I told her I was expecting my good friend, Carolyn, one of my Virginia friends, to visit us for couple of days. Carolyn has been in Sacramento for few days teaching a seminar and while in Virginia we had planned for her to come and visit us when she was done with her seminar. She is going to be with us till Saturday, so I'm very excited to see her and catch up with her happenings of these two past months. I wished Cindy were here, too. Carolyn, Cindy and I attended Shakespeare plays together. Cindy and I would get angry at the play sometimes especially if it wasn't done right, or few times we would get angry at the injustice portrayed in Shakespeare plays. Carolyn would always be the one calming us by expressing her opinions in a very diplomatic tone. I have truly enjoyed becoming good friends with Carolyn and Cindy. They have always been there for me, encouraging, offering sound advice, making me laugh, and having fun. I love and respect them dearly.

As Carolyn arrived and we started talking, the children went out and started playing with bubbles. Sometimes, looking at their happy faces, I wish I were a child. Simple things make them happy: friends and bubbles. Somehow, even us adults aren't that much different. All we need to be happy is good friendships and sunshine. Thank you friends for making my life special. And to you Carolyn, and Cindy, thank you for being great friends to me at all times.
"Two are better than one; because they have a good reward for their labour.
For if they fall, the one will lift up his fellow: but woe to him that is alone when he falleth; for he hath not another to help him up." Ecclesiastes 4:9-10

1 comment:

  1. I love your blog, Melita! Such insightful thoughts. By the way, Gillian's haircute is adorable!

    ReplyDelete