Alas, it wasn't meant to be, not till later. After dropping the kids to school, I got back and took care of Charlton and James' breakfast, and then got ready myself. We were in a hurry, since we had to attend an award ceremony for Jefferson, as well as prepare for our Friday Activity. Jefferson was being recognized for excellence in math and reading. He was very proud of himself, and kept reading his award to me. He is such a sweet and smart boy, and I'm very proud of his efforts to be the best.
The children left the museum all satisfied and ready for a nap. I picked up Gillian and Jefferson, and after dropping Gillian off at her friend's house for a play date, we headed home. I read to the boys a lot of books as we all snuggled in the chair next to the fireplace. After a while, we all had fallen sleep, and Charlton's cry woke us up, and good thing, too, because I needed to pick up Gillian.
Elijah wasn't going to be home for dinner, since he and some of his friends were attending a motorcycle show. I made my children a very delicious stew, and then, inspired by my friend Amy, made some yummy oats and chocolate chip cookies. While enjoying the cookies, the boys and I played a whole game of Scrabble and another one of Monopoly.
I barely won at Scrabble, and I was totally destroyed and left without a penny at Monopoly. Gillian stayed sitted reading the whole time. A part of me envied her, but the other part was glad for having such a good time with my boys. I love days when I spent good quality time with my children. And now, I better go and do some of my own reading. Till next time...
No comments:
Post a Comment