My forever family

My forever family

Monday, November 8, 2010

A very enthusiastic fan

If you remember, last week James taught himself how to ride the bicycle within thirty minutes. Throughout this week, he has graduated from a small size bike to a normal size bike, the kind Gillian rides, with quite a graceful ease.

There is a lot of healthy competition in my house, as I believe there is in every household. Jefferson noticing the attention James was getting and thinking he was too "old" for bicycles desired to graduate into riding a motorcycle. We bought the children a motorcycle last Christmas, and although Gillian took off like a pro within the first hour of instructions, Jefferson wasn't quite ready to master that skill. Today he thought he was ready.

He was doing really well till I showed up. I'm usually a careful and thoughtful mother, but today I was being very silly while recording him. Not only I was being silly, I was distracting him as well. You have to see the video to know what happened. The whole thing was pretty funny, especially my part in the end. However, we were all grateful that no one got hurt. I know motorcycling is a fun sport, not funny, and I do really want my children, if they are going to ride motorcycles, to take this sport seriously. I'm glad I learned the lesson without anybody being harmed.



Should I send this montage to America's Funniest Home Videos?

2 comments:

  1. And for our next act, Jefferson will be jumping the Grand Canyon...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness. I feel so bad right now but I could not stop myself from laughing! That could definitely be a funniest home videos classic!

    ReplyDelete